The ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) has made the UDIN (Unique Document Identification Number) compulsory for all the GST and Tax reports which will be applicable in its second phase i.e. from 1 April 2019.
The institute also announced that this decision was taken by the Council in the 379th meeting which was held on 17 and 18 December 2018 in the given below phases-
- All Certification is done by Practicing CAs w.e.f. 1st February 2019.
- All GST & Tax Audit Reports w.e.f. 1st April 2019.
- All other attest functions w.e.f. 1st July 2019.
Make Our Accounting and Tax Consultant Website
ICAI Also Said That:
- From 1st February 2019, all the certificates issued by the CAs are mandatory.
- In second phase which will come into effect from 1 April 2019, the UDIN will be compulsory for the GST and Tax Audit Reports.
Read Also : FAQs: UDIN for Practicing Chartered Accountants
So the members must keep in mind the time period of mandating UDIN and follow the instructions while doing Bank Audits.
If the Practicing Chartered Accountants wants to get the UDIN, then they have to register at UDIN portal by visiting https://udin.icai.org/.To verify the documents from Regulators / Banks / Authorities / Other Stakeholders, the practising Chartered Accountants must give the fiscal figures and details which they got in the certificate they issued.
Additionally, the ICAI also stated that there is no need for any certificates to be uploaded for generating the UDIN.
- For any help like Process, FAQs and help desk, the member can visit: https://udin.icai.org/.
- Or if you want other information or clarification then please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 011-30110480 / 444.
Read more official: https://udin.icai.org/announce20_3