On Thursday, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) declared that CS exams for all the students scheduled to be appearing for June 2020 session have been merged with December 2020 session. The exams of all the students of both the sessions are now scheduled to be held from 21st December 2020 (tentatively).
The institute has postponed the exams for all the levels, namely, Foundation, Executive, Professional, and Post Membership Qualification courses which were firstly scheduled to be held between 1st June 2020 and 10th June 2020 and then were shifted and scheduled between 6th July 2020 and 16th July 2020 and then further shifted between 18th August 2020 and 28th August 2020.
“The lCSl is continuously viewing the situation prevailing due to COVID 19 pandemic and took cognizance of the situation being faced by the Students/candidates from the time to time.
Due to the prevailing situation coupled with lockdown, containment zones and prohibitions in many districts in various States have further aggravated the smooth conduct of the lCSl Examinations,” the ICSI said.
The institute made this decision and gave the following clarifications:
- The exams of all the students of both the sessions are now scheduled to be held from 21st December 2020 (tentatively), the time table of which will be provided later.
- The same exam form filled for June 2020 will be used for registration under December 2020 session. No need to apply again. Although, such students can change their exam center for December exams between 26th July 2020 and 20th November 2020.
- All the students who applied for June 2020 session can carry forward their fee benefits, subject-wise exemption and all other benefits to December 2020 session.
- All the students who applied for June 2020 session can further add modules after paying the required fees.
- All the students who have not applied for the June 2020 session can apply for December 2020 session between 26th July 2020 and 9th October 2020.
- Students who opted for old syllabus in the Executive and Professional programme will be allowed to write the exams according to old syllabus.
- Separate announcements will be issued by the institute for the CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET).
“All Students / Candidates are advised to take note of the above and act accordingly. All concerned are advised to visit the official website (www.icsi.edu) of the institute for more updates/ notifications related to the academic calendar and examination schedule/guidelines,” the ICSI advised.