This time, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has launched a monetary-incentive-based Chartered Accountancy course. The motto is simple — to support/aid the students of lower-income category or meritorious students who are involved in pursuing such extensive and Value-Additive course which takes a lot of time, and a lot of hard work to get the honor of becoming Chartered Accountant.
The aforesaid ICAI has opened its window i.e. invited application for the award of scholarship to those CA aspirants who hail from one of the four below mentioned categories:
- The first category of students entitled to scholarship are “Economically Weaker” Intermediate Students in which case the scholarship provided is worth Rs 1500/- per month for the students who have registered for Intermediate Course either through
- Foundation Route or
- Through Direct Entry Route.
However, the Income of the student’s Parents should not be more than Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum.
Here in this category, the Scholarship shall be granted for 9 months that shall commence from the next month of the registration for the Intermediate Course.
Scholarship for additional 3 months shall be granted if the above-mentioned student has pursued the Orientation Course and IT course within the first 9 months of registering for the Intermediate Course.
Furthermore, Additional 3 months of the scholarship shall be provided if the Student has passed anyone Group in Intermediate Examination within 12 months of registering for the Intermediate Course.
- The second category of those students who are entitled to scholarship are Merit-Cum-Need based students wherein the scholarship provided shall be of Rs 2000/- per month for students who are rank holders of Intermediate Examinations excepting those who are covered under Merit Scholarship.
However, the aforesaid students must register for the Final Course before submitting an application. And the income of the student’s parents should not be more than Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum. Finally, The Scholarship shall be granted for 30 Months or the left period of Articleship, whichever is less.
- The third category of students are those who are
- Economically weaker and
- Final Year Students.
The amount of scholarship granted shall be Rs 1500/- per month for
- The students who are registered for final Course and
- the Income of the student’s parents should not be more than Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum. The Scholarship shall have to be granted for 30 Months or the remaining period of Articleship, whichever is lower.
- Fourthly, the last category is of Merit Scholars whose scholarship amount is Rs 2500/- per month. They shall include the following
- The meritorious students of Intermediate Examinations, whose names have appeared in results at Sl. No. 1 to 10 and
- In case the rank at Sl. No. 10 continues to further ranks i.e. to Sl. No. 11 or to Sl. No. 12 or so on, then all such Rank holders
However, The students shall have to register for the Final Course before submitting an application. And The Scholarship will be granted for
- 30 Months or
- the remaining period of Articleship, whichever is less.
The students can apply for the scholarship online by logging at Self Service Portal (SSP).