The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), considering the judgment of the honorable Supreme Court of India, has made an announcement that the candidates can opt out of the exam of CA without producing RT-PCR if they or in case of their family members have suffered from Covid-19.
The ICAI also made an announcement that an examinee shall be eligible to use the option of opting out in case
- if he/she personally or his/her family members (residing at the same premises) had suffered from Covid-19 in the recent past i.e. on or after April 15, 2021.
- However, the claim has to be certified by a registered medical practitioner consequent to which he/she is not
- able to attempt the ensuing examination or
- Was disabled in making preparation for the aforesaid examination.
In the above-mentioned two cases, the examination of July 2021 shall not be considered as an attempt.
“Such examinee will be permitted to appear in the subsequent next examination, to be held in November 2021 for the old as well as new syllabus, subject to conducive situation/environment prevailing at the relevant time. Such examinees need not produce an RTPCR report if a medical certificate issued by the registered Medical Practitioner for himself/ herself or his/her family member is presented along with the request for opting out,” the announcement read.
Read Also: ICAI Issued Admit Card for CA Exams 2021, Here’s How to Download
- Issue of Lockdown
Coming to the issue of lockdown, the examinees who were affected due to the lockdown during the prescribed time, are eligible to opt out and in this case, July 2021 exams shall not be considered as an attempt. Such candidate shall be eligible to opt-out and the examination of July 2021 shall not be considered as an attempt. They shall be eligible for the November 2021 examination for the old in addition to the new syllabus subject to the condition of the conducive environment during the November 2021 examination.
However, it is clearly mentioned that if the examinee has opted not to take any of the papers during the full cycle of the examination, then he shall not be allowed to appear in any of the left/ remaining papers.
- Nevertheless, if the examinee has taken the first group and thereafter opts out prior to the conclusion of the exam of the last paper of the second group then the result of the first group shall be declared and the opt-out option shall be applicable only to the second group.
“In case if the Chartered Accountant Examination cannot be held at any of the examination centre/city due to restrictions imposed by the Central Government/ State Government / Local Authority, examination centre being in containment zone, last-minute change of examination centre in any city etc., such examinees are entitled to opt-out and July 2021 examinations will not be treated as an attempt. He/she can appear in the subsequent next examination, to be held in November 2021 for the old as well as new syllabus, subject to conducive environment prevailing at the relevant time,” the ICAI announced.
Read More official announcement: Click here