GSTR 7 is a return form under GST for all the taxpayers who account all the tax deducted at source. The GSTR 7 due date is 10th of every next month in a particular tax period.
Here, we will discuss all the details of the GSTR 7 including liability of filing GSTR 7 and the due date aspect. Get all the basic information regarding the TDS form under GST i.e. the GSTR 7.
Features of GSTR 7 Form
TDS is deducted at the source of income and is deposited to the government and note that the TDS will not be deducted in case the supplier location and place of supply is other than the registration place of the recipient.
- It is mandatory to file the GSTR 7 form by 10th of the preceding month.
- GSTR 7 form is only for the deductors of TDS and not for regular taxpayers.
- It will contain the details of the tax deducted at source.
- All the TDS details are covered into GSTR 7 form.
- Earlier tax liabilities are to be paid before filing GSTR 7.
- INR Rupees amount is only acceptable in GST 7 form.
- Who are liable to deduct TDS under GST?
According to the GST law, there are the entities liable to deduct TDS:
- 1. Department or authority of the Central or State Government, or
- 2. Governmental agencies, or
- 3. The local authority, or
- 4. Council recommended persons or category of persons notified, by the Central or a State Government
GSTR 7 Due Dates and Eligibility:
The registered taxpayers who deduct the TDS under section 37 of GST rules are required to file TDS return form in the GSTR 7.
Due Date for filing GSTR 7 Return March – May 2020
|Return Monthly||Due Date|
|March, April, May,June & July 2020||31st August 2020|
|February 2020||10th March 2020|
|January 2019||10th February 2020|
|December 2019||10th January 2020|
|November 2019||10th December 2019|
|October 2019||10th November 2019|
|September 2019||10th October 2019|
|August 2019||10th September 2019|
Letest Update : “Issue of notice, notification, approval order, sanction order, filing of appeal, furnishing of return, statements, applications, reports, any other documents, time limit for compliance for GST due date extended from 20th March 2020 – 29th June 2020 to 30th June 2020.” Read more notification
According to the Notification No. 33/2017 Central Tax, 15th September 2017, these entities also need to deduct TDS-
|1. An authority or a board or any other body which has been set up by Parliament or a State Legislature or by a government, with 51% equity ( control) owned by the government|
|2. A society established by the Central or any State Government or a Local Authority and the society is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860|
|3. Public sector undertakings|
In case the total value of supply under the contract exceeds Rs 2.5 Lakhs, then TDS has to be deducted. The rate for TDS is 2% (CGST 1% + SGST 1%) in case of intrastate supply and 2 % (IGST) in case of interstate supplies.
However, the TDS is not deducted in case the location of the supplier and place of supply is different from the registration place (State) of the recipient.
Why is GSTR 7 important?
GSTR 7 presents the details of TDS deducted, the amount of TDS paid and payable, any refund of TDS claimed, etc on the form. The deductee i.e. the person paying the TDS can claim the input credit of such TDS deducted and further use for the payment of output tax liability. The information of TDS deducted is available electronically to all the deductees in PART C of Form GSTR 2A.
How to modify GSTR 7?
Once filed the GSTR 7 cannot be modified.
What is GSTR 7A (TDS Certificate)?
GSTR 7A is a GST form for all the tax deductors who had deducted the TDS i.e. tax deducted at source from the payments made and this form is auto-populated at the return filing of the GSTR 7 form on the official GST government portal. The form must include all the details of tax deducted at source by the supplier of the products.
Who is liable to Get the GSTR 7A TDS Certificate Form?
- All the suppliers who deduct the taxes on the source will have to obtain the GSTR 7A TDS certificate
- What are the Details to be Filed in the Form GSTR 7A
- TDS Certificate No.
- GSTIN of TDS Deductor
- Name of the Taxable Person / Contractor:
- GSTIN of Contractor (Supplier)
- Assessment Circle / Ward
- Tax Period for which GSTR 7 is filed
- GSTIN of Deductee
- Contract Details
- Invoice Details Date of TDS_IGST
- Payment Value on which TDS deducted